Saturday, January 17, 2015

Mexico

Mexico is a great place to enjoy the tropics. It's a place where the dollar is still alive. At an exchange of between 11 to one an American can live like El Rey... Still dont drink the water !
Today's Mexico is bottled... Montezuma's revenge is an Old School souvenir. You can experience bespoke life or real small fishing village Mexico, which for me is the better way to see and feel Mexico. 
My first experience was as a young boy traveling with my mother... Acapulco, Taxico, Ixtapa on the west coast.. Amazing.... To the point where I had to meet mom at the airport... She was furious... I think I was 13... first time out in another country... I was lucky to meet people who were awesome and took me to the airport.
I later had a girlfriend who took me to Cancun... A broke struggling actor I jumped at the chance. I had $25 in my pocket and didn't look back. We stayed at El Pueblito... Went to my first Sr Frogs. 

These days working on cruise ships I go to Mexico about once a month... I've been to Tiahuana, Mexico City, Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, Encinada, Mazatlan, Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel and Progresso which is Spanish for Italian soup, and a few others I can't remember at this time. My Spanish still sucks. Some of my favorite eateries in the world are in Cozumel... La Perlita ( for the ultimate Seafood ), Wet Wendy's & The Thirsty Cougar ( for the ultimate Margaritas ), Three Amigos and No Name Bar for the crew connects... All good spots... 
Wet Wendy's and The Cougar owned by my friends Clara & Chad former cruise employees themselves ... If you get there ya gotta tell 'em... Sr. Tortuga sent you!



Three Amigos



                                                                         La Perlita



                                                                     Wet Wendy's


No comments: