Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Quick Lunch in Nassau





I Take a walk... I Rest
I'm sitting at McKenzie's... Shack #2, Under the bridge leaving Paradise Island... 
It's my favorite eatery in Nassau... 
Another shack (a tourist trap) called Two Brothers is a few shacks down as seen on TV's...
"Nooo Reservations"... They are way over priced and they need to get rid of a brother, cause they got rid of this brother QUICK!
McKenzie's is right next to Skinny's, first shack on the left,where the dominos are slammed with gusto, Kalik (the local beer) and a smart remark as every domino jumps from the table... 
The language is English but you'd never know it if you don't have an ear for patwah... 
Tourists don't come here... The Locals, Travelers, and Adventurers are who you find here... My drink? Coconut milk, Condensed milk mixed with Gin... Called "Sky Juice" and I know why... After a few of these and that's all you'll see as you are flat on your back, eyes wide open,with a big smile on your face. 
I've just finished my usual... A dozen conch fritters ($4) and I'll take a double order of Conch salad back with me to the ship... 
It's raining now... It Brings a cool tingle to the skin... Thank you Sky juice...hhmmm
  Conch Salad & Sky Juice

  Behind De Shack... Conch an' Fish Mon!


                                                                       McKenzie!

I'll wait a minute and walk back to the ship... Tropical Sunshowers... One of the perks when 
Your'e On the Road...

No comments: