Monday, June 1, 2020

Pandemic Blog #1

It's the last Sunday of May 2020. The world has changed since my last blog. Derrick Eason is not in the road Derrick Eason is on the couch!

 Having chosen a profession that relies on the very things that may kill you and I (I thought it would be the jokes) I must find another way to die.
 Yelling at a cop in between gasps of pepper spray on the front lines of a four hundred year systematic problem?
 Alone in the woods or hunkered down somewhere with loved ones, toilet paper and jigsaw puzzles at the ready? Maybe I'll stand less than six feet to everyone and close talk calming quotes to strangers.

  I prefer the old fashioned stand on a stage in a crowded room and spout brain waves. it was fun and the crowded rooms seem to enjoy it too. I did the killing, lot less people died some times just me there was the occasional spittle that flew from my face. I called it a souvenir, again no tests or quarantine necessary. the audience graciously ignored my airborne mucus some slightly adjusted their seating while chuckling.
  Today one must be much more creative and tech savvy in sending amoebas to patrons and sating the need to destroy hecklers. I'm working on it.



No comments: